1. The sun's shining and that always makes this sun-worshipper a little bit lighter, brighter, happier, more energised. Soaking up some rays feels like re-charging my batteries with goodness.
The sun is shining and ... this song's therefore in my head.
2. I'm also feeling actually lighter through losing weight on the Tiniest Thai weight-loss diet. Week 4 of 12 starts tomorrow, I'm 8lbs lighter and looking forward to sharing the eating plan when I've finished working through it myself.
In the meantime, here's what I learnt during Week 1.
3. Iced coffee. I love it. Black with one sugar, lots of ice clinking in the glass. I don't know why but it makes me feel a little bit French and a little bit chic. And I'm not going to question that, just enjoy it!
4. Poetry. The first Tiniest Thai Salon was held on Friday evening and it was so much fun getting to talk about favourite poems and hear other people's. We had a lot of love for Michael Rosen as a huge formative influence for a few of us and our love of language. He might be a children's poet - but that doesn't mean adults can't enjoy his stuff too.
My friend Rhys had 'Keith's Cupboard' as his favourite Michael Rosen poem - it's a few poems down on this.
Next Salon date to be announced soon - the next one we'll be chatting about creativity and how you find, channel, enjoy yours.
5. Som tam. I LOVE som tam. Addicted to it. Hot, crunchy, sour, refreshing - my favourite salad. And it doesn't matter if you can't get green papaya or green mango - it's (almost) as good using courgette, carrots, and green pepper - all sliced very thin.
Here's my version. I'm using a few toasted hazelnuts instead of peanuts (which are a vegetable and therefore not heathy good nut fats) while on my diet and having it with some griddled chicken.
6. Being outdoors. This time of year is just so spectacularly beautiful and I'm so lucky to have a very beautiful park nearby. I was there this morning early and just noticing the conkers appearing on the trees, the lushness of the different greens everywhere, the white flowers, the birdsong.
Really do feel very lucky to be outdoors walking the dog and noticing the seasons changing and nature doing it's thing.
7. I'm still really happy about having been accepted as a Huffington Post blogger! Even though I've only had one piece published so far (there's another currently with them awaiting publication) it makes me smile every time I think about it.
8. Adventures ahead. Travel is one of the things that makes me feel most alive. If I had to choose I'd pick experiences over 'things' any day and I have so many memories of incredible experiences.
This year I've planned lots of mini-adventures so there's never too long in between them.
The next is a few days in Spain in a few weeks and I'm already excited - especially to be going back to the exact village I went to when I was 18 (it was my first flight too!). I'm going back with the same friend I went with that first time, so we're going to be revisiting some old memories as well as making new ones.
9. Family, friends, love. Of course. Goes without saying, but then not to say it doesn't feel right either! Just had a long chat on the phone with one of my sisters and that ALWAYS makes me happy.
10. Ooh, so the last one is this. A tom yum soup. Hadn't made it for ages but it's a great one for the Tiniest Thai diet and I'd forgotten how incredibly easy it is to make and how incredibly delicious.
Here's my recipe - do try it!